cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aiiee
Punch Card
Views: 5,349
Message 51 of 239

Re: Disappointing display and no satisfaction from Lenovo tech depot...

There's a lot of third, or fourth, or whoknowshowmanylevels hand knowledge being passed around here as truth.  Go see for your self.  I constantly shake my head here as I read how somebody is making a decision based on something somebody heard somebody say.  You don't know these people, or what prompted their opinions.  I've seen a lot of sketchy testimonials here about how somebody got a Samsung screen and they have to have an LG screen, because it's so much better, even though the 'evidence' is conflicting.  I think a lot of what is driving this 'inferior'  talk is just so much hot air. good luck.

Message Edited by aiiee on 05-12-2008 04:59 AM
Julie
Serial Port
Views: 5,328
Message 52 of 239

Re: T61 LCD quality

i forgot to add that the inner screen casing of the 14.1 tends to pop out at the right-hand corner. We have experienced this on 2 t61s
Furthermore, there are threads where other users have experienced this issue too. Look for threads from March 2008 to April 2008 in this forum, and you will find the reports.

You will also find ripples along the side of the casing, which is awkward.

True, you need to take everything with a grain of salt. However, this is a support forum, and, if two or more users experience the same problem, then you know that it is not misinformation.

I would recommend the 15.4, as it is built better.

Good luck!

Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Julie on 05-12-2008 07:26 AM
T61 - X300 - D10
aiiee
Punch Card
Views: 5,322
Message 53 of 239

"True, you need to take everything with a grain of salt. However, this is a support forum, and, if two or more users experience the same problem, then you know that it is not misinformation"

Possibly, but not necessarily.   I guess  I'm just not so easily led as some others.
techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 5,321
Message 54 of 239

Do you think there is a difference in build quality in consumer vs. professional machines?  I would think that service would be better for volume buyers based on the purchase of several machines.  Reading your other post, Julie, makes me feel more concerned, though my only problem is the screen.  I hope we get some results today from engineering.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,310
Message 55 of 239

Thinkpads use to be a professional machine, but Lenovo as part of its general marketing strategy wants to push the sale of Thinkpads to all parts of markets, not only just towards the professional. If you want build to order machines that is fast and got lot of fancy controls, go for an Alienware.... if you want a Laptop that can be used as a bullet stopper go for the top of the line Panasonic Toughbooks... however if you want a machine that you can use everyday, then just get Thinkpad, Dell or ASUS....... all of which offer a wide range of machine built to a price. If you want a super cheap name brand laptop, go for Acer..... if you got some money and like your laptop to look good, then go for a Macbook or Macbook pro.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,291
Message 56 of 239

techno_techie wrote:
I hope we get some results today from engineering.

While anything is possible, that is highly unlikely to occur.  It takes time to review results, determine if or how extensive a problem exists, decide what course of action to take, obtain approval(s) to proceed, etc, etc

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 5,239
Message 57 of 239

Well, I was told to wait for this week for some way or form of a response.  I can tell you right now, I regret this purchase every hour and my stomach just churns about the money that I spent.  I was so apt to switch from Dell for a Lenovo, and now, my mind is trying to figure out how I can get rid of this thing unless a solution is found that solves one important problem: the display.  So, though I worship NOT ONE notebook developer, I was ready to like Lenovo and recommend them because I read so much good about the company.

And in this age of speedy technology, your "highly unlikely" may need to change for a more rapid way of doing business because people who do their research and are in the market NOW for a notebook are running from Lenovo based on what they have read here and other evaluation websites.  I don't expect the "solution" immediately, but I do expect an update - something to tell me that their are folks living and breathing on the other end trying to help the consumer out.  I thought it could be today; it can be tomorrow.  But it has to be this week because I can only wait so long to return or sell.
Pinks
Paper Tape
Views: 5,157
Message 58 of 239

Re: T61P LCD quality for WUXGA

Anyone here have a T61p with the WUXGA 1920x1200 display ?  Seems like most of the discusion in this thread is for the WSXGA+ 1680x1050 display.  My application is for CAD work (SolidWorks), and I'm curious to know how the quality is of 1920x1200 model.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,095
Message 59 of 239

WUXGA screens are fine, most of the problem seem to affect the WSXGA screens.... i have seen plenty of my friends using the WUXGA for CAD works, but most of these guys use it on 24 inch or 30 Inch Dell or Mac screens.
techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 5,054
Message 60 of 239

Any word lately on folks having luck with regular old tech support?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors