Message 61 of 239

Re: T61P LCD quality for WUXGA

maybe give Mark a try???
techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 6,240
Message 62 of 239

I did.  And I wait.  I understand he not only has this but the shipping problems to handle, so I thought I would leave time for him to reply (and I know that regardless, the testing process can take weeks).  But my last shot at send back is soon approaching, so I need any reply.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,235
Message 63 of 239

Mark is usually quite busy, since he must have other jobs other than reading posts....
techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 6,226
Message 64 of 239

I agree with you completely.  There are many problems out there requiring many solutions, and as one of the few support reps willing to listen and read and consider, he must be beyond busy.  And I am just one of the many people that I know he desires to understand even if he can't helped based on Lenovo's policies.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,222
Message 65 of 239

mutual understanding leads to happy outcomes....
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 6,217
Message 66 of 239

techno_techie wrote:
I agree with you completely.  There are many problems out there requiring many solutions, and as one of the few support reps willing to listen and read and consider, he must be beyond busy.

Mark isn't a support rep.

Message Edited by nonny on 05-15-2008 08:13 AM

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,211
Message 67 of 239

@nonny wrote:

@techno_techie wrote:
I agree with you completely.  There are many problems out there requiring many solutions, and as one of the few support reps willing to listen and read and consider, he must be beyond busy.

Mark isn't a support rep.

I guess that is what makes him even more endearing to people who use Lenovo products.

techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 6,153
Message 68 of 239

What difference does that make, Nonny? I have talked to support reps who really weren't support reps at all - the girl I talked to couldn't even tell me my return window.  What would you have us call him exactly?  Just a forum admin? I don't know who would level charges against him based on "not being a support rep" - well, I hope he has some authority.  I HATE this screen.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,137
Message 69 of 239

Mark is a project manager for the public media, so he is responsible for public perception of Lenovo, obviously your problem with the screen deserve his attention, due to it been reoccurring problem with many of the T61p laptops. If everyone works hard as Mark for Lenovo, this would no doubt push forward the brand image of his company in a flash, you don't find many people like Mark anymore in a large corporations.... He is quite active on trying to solve any problems people might have with Thinkpads and Lenovo laptops, just google Mark Hopkins Lenovo, and you will see how much effort he goes into trying to help people out.... He is asset to his company, i hope his superior can appreciate the amount of work he puts into his work, and reward him accordingly.

While, if you try to contrast with the workers at Apple. Inc. whom do not solve any problems, they just tell you its your own fault for not buying higher warranty protection or that you broke it yourself. Several weeks back there are number of Apple workers whom were dishing dirty on Lenovo and say how good that the Apples are, which were unfounded and i told the person about my personal experience with their product, he later revealed that he is the public media personnel for Apple. He was trying to gather things that are wrong with Lenovo laptops and put that into commercial, you know how Apple like to compare with the old PC using Windows....

But Apple in Australia are not all that, no battery replacement with Ipods, which was clearly a manufacturing defects that Sony the manufacturer themselves declared. So after the announcement instead of Apple charging for 150 AUD for Battery replacement, they charged 100 AUD for the labour, the battery was considered free... when i asked that Apple to give me the battery and i do it myself, they say no it has to be replaced by a technician due to something about battery explosion. If i did that i would have to fork out 400 AUD, to replace all the dodgy batteries i had in my Ipods. I went back to China and got 4 replacement battery for 50 AUD and did it all under 1.5 hours....
techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 6,064
Message 70 of 239

Thank you for the clarification.  I hope this issue gets resolved soon, but there are definitely more problems with shipping.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors