cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ducubus
What's DOS?
Views: 362
Message 1 of 3

T61 Mainboard disassembly - what part is this?

Hello,

while I was disassembling my T61- 15,4 "in order to replace the mainboard the following part fell off :

t61-part.jpgT61 Part

Can someone identify it and knows where it belongs to?

Thanks a lot

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 298
Message 2 of 3

Re: T61 Mainboard disassembly - what part is this?

I remember that part and when I was working on that model, I know I had some around, but I cannot remember where it went.  I think along the back edge, but I'm not sure.

@TuuS do you know what this is?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
TuuS
Bit Torrent
Views: 284
Message 3 of 3

Re: T61 Mainboard disassembly - what part is this?

Yes this is the part that people don't see until it falls on the ground. It fits in the frame and the motherboard near where the battery connects. It appears to perform no function except maybe to help support the weight of the battery on the motherboard.

When I work on this series I can tell the ones that have been worked on before because this part is often missing.
ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 8gb ram.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals