Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RommelDXB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,359
Message 1 of 11

T61 - Rescue & Recovery 4 looking for Supplimentary Disk

Hello every one.  I was trying to restore the T61 7660-CTO to it's original setup using the Rescue & Recovery 4 program.  After re-booting the system as requested by the program, a Product Recovery Supplimentary Disk was being requested.  I answered no because I didn't have one.  So the next command was to Insert Product Recovery Disk 1, so I placed back the CD I was using (the one generated by the R & R program).  Unfortunately an error message appeared "this is not the correct disk.  Removed the disk and press cancel".  So now the T61 is just looping and the R & R process is not proceeding.  Need you help please.  Thanks in advance.    
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,353
Message 2 of 11

Re: T61 - Rescue & Recovery 4 looking for Supplimentary Disk

RommelDXB, welcome to the forum,

Are you booting into R&R using the blue button or from a boot disc which you received or created?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

RommelDXB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,350
Message 3 of 11

Hi AndyP and thanks for the quick reply.  I was booting from the boot disc I created the frist time I got the Laptop.  First part was successful and was requested to remove the disc and shutoff-login in.  After that the request fot the Product Recovery Supplimentary Disk appeared which the program did not generate.  At present the laptop is looping.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,348
Message 4 of 11

How many discs did you create, just one?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

RommelDXB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,343
Message 5 of 11

Yes only one was generated.  Why how many shoukd the program produce?
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,341
Message 6 of 11

You should have one cd and one or two dvds. (or about 7/8 cds in total).

It looks as though you selected to create recovary media and not create product recovery media Smiley Sad

I suggest you call support and ask them to send you a set. Other options are to do a clean install, or if you know someone with the same / very similar system you could use their discs.

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

RommelDXB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,339
Message 7 of 11

I also tried to re-install Windows XP and plan to do a format,  But I got an error message that the Hard Disk is not attached or not recognized after encountering the first option (Re-install, Repair or Cancel),  Now I am geting mixed up cause I need the laptop.  Any idea where Lenovo Service Center is in Dubai?  What I saw on the list was a Lenovo Support in the Middle East.  I need to get a set of the recovery disc or clean install Windows XP and work my way from there.  Good thing my S10e is here with me.
Message Edited by RommelDXB on 06-12-2009 12:24 AM
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,332
Message 8 of 11

For the hard drive not being recognised problem, see here.

I don't know if there is a service centre in Dubai, but suggest you call the number you found. If you land in the wrong place they should be able to tell you the correct contact details.

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

RommelDXB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,301
Message 9 of 11

Thanks Andy.  Simple question, how do I go inside the bios setup now that the R & R program is looping.  I tried pressring the blue button but still runs the R & R.  F1 is not working.  Just woke up and it's my day off.  Need to fix my T61 today.  Will be waiting for your reply.  Thanks a lot.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,279
Message 10 of 11

You need to press F1 at boot when you see the BIOS splash screen - ThinkPad logo

edit; turn the system off beforehand by holding down the power button untill it turns off.

Message Edited by andyP on 06-12-2009 09:58 PM

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors