cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbarrera
Fanfold Paper
Views: 525
Message 1 of 2

T61 Upgrade Win 7 (64), BSOD *** Hardware malfunction *** parity check / memory parity error

Hello!

My machine is a T61 7662CTO , video Chip NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M.  I performed a clean install of  Win 7 (64) formatting the hard drive.  Got through the install, down loaded 21 updates.  Got through all the updates with some trouble.  The machine appeared to be running fine for a short while then suddenly got the BSOD showing - HARDWARE MALFUNCTION -  parity check / memory parity error -.

I can get the machine to boot up in safe mode with an external monitor and it appears to run fine.  I'm thinking the problem may be driver related.  I've down loaded the latest NVIDIA driver in safe mode but that hasn't resolved the issue. I tried to download and run the Thinkpad Monitor INF File but it does not install in safe mode. None of the Thinkvantage technologies software has been loaded because it does not appear to be supported in safe mode...

Any suggestions?...Thank you!!!

mbarrera
Fanfold Paper
Views: 446
Message 2 of 2

Re: T61 Upgrade Win 7 (64), BSOD *** Hardware malfunction *** parity check / memory parity error

Problem Solved!!!

This problem was related to the defect on the integrated NVIDIA graffics chip on the mother board. Please see:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/T61-Nvidia-Quadro-NVS-140M-garbled-displ...

Thanks!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors