Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Punch Card
0 Kudos

T61 W7, Wifi doesn't work after installing ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse Driver

Hi, I finally got some batteries for my ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse today after months of putting it off.

Anyway, after installing the driver from lenovo.com/windows7beta and after restarting, the wifi doesn't work. After the installation, the wifi and mouse both work, it's only after I reboot when the wifi decides to quit. Wifi works again after I uninstall driver. Actually I didn't know how to uninstall the driver so I system restored it. I did this two times with the same results each time.

I also just tried pairing the mouse with the computer without the Lenovo drivers. The mouse and wifi both worked. When I restarted Windows, only the BT mouse was working. Somehow the wifi card got disabled in device manager. I enabled it again and all was good. My computer eventually went to sleep and when I turned it back on, the wifi quit working again. System restored again and everything's fine.

Has this problem surfaced before? I'm on a T61 with 64-bit Windows 7. I also have the Intel 4965AG card with driver version 12.4.1.4. Is there a newer driver for the BT mouse that I can't find?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: T61 W7, Wifi doesn't work after installing ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse Driver

I ended up using my old Vista drivers. Everything's working. The only thing is that internet icon has a big red x over it but still says that I have internet access.