Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

T61 - Widescreen - My display has rotated 90 degress - How do I return this to normal landscape

Hi,

I'm such a noob, please help

I don't know how or what I've done but my widescreen normal landscape view has somehow rotated itself (no doubt by me) 90 degtees left e.g. I now have to turn the laptop on its side to read the screen which is now in portrait view.
I thought it a simple change on display>settings. If it is I can't manage it

Thanks to anyone who can rescue me
Retired Employee

Re: T61 - Widescreen - My display has rotated 90 degress - How do I return this to normal landscape

My bet is you have Intel graphics and you have accidentally hit a <CTRL><ALT>Arrow hotkey combination.  If that's the case the fix is just a quick <CTRL><ALT>Up.  If that doesn't do you'll find a rotate display somewhere in the advanced display properties screens.
0 Kudos

Re: T61 - Widescreen - My display has rotated 90 degress - How do I return this to normal landscape

Cedric - You are a hero - Thanks
HHB
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Thanks, you've helped us too!!  Was tearing my hair out x

Bit Torrent
0 Kudos

Both the Intel and nVidia models have an option to rotate the display. On nVidia, open the nvidia control panel and look under (Display>Rotate Display).

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Problem solved. Thanks a million

What's DOS?

Cedric, I appreciate this answer ... my cat rotated my display overnight and it was driving me NUTS this morning!  Thank you so much!