Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
phoellig
What's DOS?
Views: 584
Message 1 of 2

T61 Wireless networking issue

I've recently acquired a T61 laptop and the wireless is strange. I've tried it on two different networks (one at home and one at work). The one at home when I try to connect it goes through the entire process of connecting and then finishes while remaining unconnected to the network with no error message whatsoever. I have several other computers connected wirelessly to that network under the same settings so I know it works. At work, I get connected to the network but I can't get into anything (network drives, internet). There are ~35 people connected wirelessly to that network without any issues. My IP there gets set to 192.168.*.* which is certainly not going to do anything on the network there. The strange thing is why, everyone else gets their IP assigned properly by the same router.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, messing with settings, and I cleared the ARP cache manually because the 'repair' option was failing when it got to that part.  Does anyone have any ideas?

phoellig
What's DOS?
Views: 581
Message 2 of 2

Re: T61 Wireless networking issue

I forgot to mention that the wireless card is listed as 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter in Device manager.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors