Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 4 (1,199 Views)

T61, battery and Trackpoint/touchpad quirks.

Hi all,

I purchased a T61 back in the early part of 2008, I suppose it's been 7-8 months.  Overall I've been very pleased with the unit, but I currently have a couple of quirks:

Since the very beginning, upon startup my T61 will intermittantly not recognize the Trackpoint, touchpad, sometimes both, and very very occaisionally the keyboard.   For the most part it's fine, but when it acts up I have to reboot 1-3 times for everything to work. 

My other problem is recent, within the last month.  Battery life has always been good until this point.  I was fiddling with the power management settings and came across the Battery Maintenance feature and performed a battery reset - ever since battery information claims my battery can store 11% of it's full charge capacity and it will last at most 15 minutes.  I don't mind having to replace a battery every so often, it's the nature of anything battery powered, but it seems from my perspective that the battery reset *caused* my battery life problem./

Any comments, constructive criticism, or encouraging words are appreciated.  Thanks,

Joseph

--

There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.
Punch Card
Message 2 of 4 (1,195 Views)

Re: T61, battery and Trackpoint/touchpad quirks.

Regarding touchpad and trackpoint try installing the lastest drivers from the site.

regarding battery click on Fn+F3 and click on manage settings and select battery information and see the condition of battery if  it says good then try different options in Fn+F5 like enery-star or maximum battery life.if  it says its not ok contact the support and get it replaced if it is under warrenty.

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 4 (1,066 Views)

Hey, just like to update this thread.

I deleted my Synaptics/Trackpoint driver, and the machine reinstalled it.  Problem solved, everything has been rock solid and stable since.

I finally got off my butt and contacted Lenovo about warranty for the battery and a pair of dead pixels on my screen, I have to ship the laptop off but the timeframe I was quoted is suprisingly reasonable.

--

There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 4 (1,003 Views)

Just got the laptop back, so far it looks like everything's gone off without a hitch.  Total down time on my end: 3 days for basic depot warranty service.  I have friends who send off their HPs for weeks at a time, the laptop returns unfixed, and any time they speak to a customer service rep they are told their one year old laptop is outdated and the sales pitch on a new machine begins.

Thanks, guys.  I hope I can singlehanded sell fifty T-series for you, they are worth every penny.

--