Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bepiper
Paper Tape
Views: 767
Message 1 of 3

T61 power cords in japan

Hello,

I was hoping someone had an answer for me about getting a power cord that will work in Japan.  I'm going for a year, and I don't want to mess about, I have a T61 Thinkpad here in the U.S.  Is there a Lenovo power accessory so that my computer could be plugged directly into the walls there?  I've heard and read that Japan has 100V outlets and while the AC adaptor that I have seems to be fine for plugging into the walls in Japan, I've read that "sensitive equipment" could be damaged, and I want to ensure that it will not happen to my computer.

Thank you for any help that you can provide. 

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 763
Message 2 of 3

Re: T61 power cords in japan

The Lenovo power adapter is for 100 to 250 V... it will automatically switch depending on the voltage, so every country use this adapter, Japanese customer would also use the same adapter as you...

The only thing you need is to change the actual plug that goes into the AC socket, a travel adapter would be okay.

http://www.knightdiscounts.com/Electronics/2prongfigure8.jpg

This is what the japan use, i think it is similar to the USA configuration? (there are two types sold in USA, one is with ground and another is without earth)...

which one do you have? 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 757
Message 3 of 3

Re: T61 power cords in japan

Yep lead_org is correct, you don't actually need an adapter for Japan if you have a two-pin US power plug - it's the same.
Message Edited by bananaman on 07-17-2009 02:42 PM
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors