Did you mean: 
r2k
Blue Screen Again
Views: 23,269
Message 1 of 4

T61 "2100: HDD0 (Hard Disk drive) initialization error (2)"

URGENT!!!

NEED Help.

I am getting the following Error on my T61 laptop.

ERROR
2100: HDD0 (Hard Disk drive) initialization error (2)
Press <ESC> to continue

Got this error last week.

Tried to attached the seagate laptop HDD to another laptop and PC but it didnt work. It just frezees during boot.

I have noticed that the HDD makes some sound like a regular HDD but then stops.

I have attached another HDD on my laptop and it works just fine, but the original 1 hasent worked a day since the error occoured.

Please suggest what i should do as any update/patch is not possible as i am unable to boot into the bios with the HDD installed. also the HDD gets detected only on 1 PC when used as a primary HDD.

Im a novice but can follow instructions.

Awaitng some help as Data is important.

Thanks in advance.

Some additional Info:-

Using Windows7, no recent updates, recent software installed sandiebox, Changed HDD from 80GB seagate 5200 to 320GB HDD Seagate 7200 momentus.

Hope some1 can help spot some correcting factor.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 23,249
Message 2 of 4

Re: T61 "2100: HDD0 (Hard Disk drive) initialization error (2)"

Hello,

That usually means the hard disk drive is failing.  Seagate does offer a diagnostic program called SeaTools for Windows here on their web site to test a hard disk drive to see if it is faulty or not.  That program needs to be installed onto a working Windows computer, after which the suspect hard disk drive can be plugged into it for testing.

If you do not have access to a separate computer to boot from and attach the suspect hard disk to, Seagate offers a version of the software here on their web site that can be written to a CD-R to make a boot CD for the computer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee.

L380 YogaP72 (20MB-*)P50 (20EN-*)S230u (3347-4HU)T23 (2648-LU7)T42 (2378-R4U)T43p (2678-H7U)T61p (6459-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)X220 (4286-CTO)X250 (20CM-*)Yoga 370

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

r2k
Blue Screen Again
Views: 23,164
Message 3 of 4

Thnx Aryeh for suggesting the solution.

But this doesnt work as the software is unable to detect the HDD even if i attach it on a SATA-USB device.

Im completely lost as i dont see any solution and the pics and offc data on the HDD are important.

Any other thing i can try?

Any other suggestions?>
SeniorGuru
Views: 23,150
Message 4 of 4

@r2k wrote:

Im completely lost as i dont see any solution and the pics and offc data on the HDD are important.

First, this is a good time to think about why making regular backups is so important. If you had copies of that important stuff, even if it wasn't completely current, you'd simply be able to replace the failed drive with a new one and then restore from backup. Even if you can't recover the data off this drive, now would be a good time to take steps to ensure that this situation never happens to you again. Sorry this comes across as a lecture, but this is what's called a "teachable moment." 

That said, you may still be able to revive the drive long enough to copy critical data from it. One trick that gets mixed reviews is to literally freeze the drive, e.g. What To Do When A Hard Drive Fails and 200 Ways To Revive A Hard Drive. These tips are worth trying. You may get lucky. Whatever you do be careful that you don't further damage the drive, e.g. by disassembling or opening it, if you intend to consider the next option.

If the data is really critical and you have money to spend there are disk drive recovery services that can disassemble the drive and use forensic techniques to try to restore as much data as possible. They're generally not inexpensive. I have no idea if such services are available in India. Google may be useful.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals