Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickhills
What's DOS?
Views: 996
Message 1 of 2

T61 slow to start and slow to open programs

i am havin trouble with my T61 -i am running XP pro and i have 2G of RAM and hard drive is 50% used. When i boot up it takes an age from the windows page until i can use any systems - all icons appear on the desk top but the start up objects take forever to load. I am also having to wait ages when i double click an icon to launch a programme - i get egg timer all the time. Many times i am getting system freezes and hungapp - not responsing messages. I have tried numerous tips and have installed registry mechanic to see if that helps - anyone any ideas?
floks
Punch Card
Views: 955
Message 2 of 2

Re: T61 slow to start and slow to open programs

How to use MSCONFIG in Windows XP Here is how to use MSCONFIG in Windows XP to disable some of the unnecessary programs that automatically load on start-up. Disabling these programs will help your computer boot faster and crash less.

1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
2. Click the Startup tab.
3. Click the Restore Startup Programs option.
4. Select the programs that you want to restore, and then click OK.
5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: This option is not available if Windows XP Setup did not disable any programs from loading during the startup process.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors