Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

T43 Thinkpad won't go to Standby

I am a new user. I have a T43 running XP Pro. All works fine except I cannot get the system to go into Standby. I've tried the Power Management settings several different ways including "go to standby when the power button is hit", "go to standby when the lid is closed" and "go to standby when running on batteries after X minutes". I even went to Start/Shut Down/Standby and's ignoring me. I cannot find a Fix in the Lenovo web site for this problem. Someone out there got a suggestion? (Take it easy on me...I'm a Rookie.)

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Re: T61 with Bluetooth won't hibernate

I had tried in vain to update every driver, but it my T61 still would not standby. My error message was about ThinkPad Modem #2. I uninstalled Quicken Deluxe 2000, then installed Quicken 2005 Basic, then imported the data file This solved the problem. Talk about a quirk! Thanks for posting.

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Re: T61 with Bluetooth won't hibernate

It worked for me as well..................... I was suffering from this problem for a while now and it got fixed after I read this.

First Step

I went to my Computer->right Click-->Manage-->Device Manager--> Expand Bluetooth Devices-->Right Click on "ThinkPad bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate II" --> then Click uninstall.

Second Step

Click on "Action" --> "Scan for hardware Changes".

this will reinstall it and will start working