Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Serial Port
0 Kudos

T61P Bluetooth, iPhone - missing driver - Lenovo supports no more - please HELP me!

[ Edited ]

This summer Apple upgraded the iPhone software and from V3 they opened for teethering - that you can use your iPhone as a modem either by USB or Bluetooth connection. It works fine with the USB connection.

As I try to pair it via Bluetooth, the pairing succeeds partly. The T61P provides the numeric connection code that I have entered into the iPhone and then T61P initiates a driver update but this update is not successful. I receive this error window:

Bluetooth driver error

It is in Danish but it tells you that the installation of "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" was unseccessful. The other two were installed successfully.

The I used my T61P product code 6460-D8G to search for an updated driver on the Lenovo support. I was happy finding "Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate Software II" for Windows Vista at this address -> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70042

But if you go to the "Additional Information" you can see that "Support for the following systems has been dropped" and among others the T61P is listed - "For those models listed above, please use the old version" - and as I already use that version I get no help from Lenovo.

My Vista system recognized my problem and suggests me to download an updated driver from here -> http://www.broadcom.com/support/license.php?file=SetupBtwDownloadSE.exe (the adapter is from Broadcom) but this driver will not be accepted by my system.

I think it is astonishing and a pity to experience that a big company like Lenovo already now choses to tell me that my T61P which is not that old is obsolete!! There is no more warranty. Ha!

So, any suggestions for a solution??

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Per

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Re: T61P Bluetooth, iPhone - missing driver - Lenovo supports no more - please HELP me!

Sorry to be a "me too" but I'm in the same boat, and want the notification if Lenovo fixes this problem...

Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: T61P Bluetooth, iPhone - missing driver - Lenovo supports no more - please HELP me!

in my case, a little bit better, but still couldn't get it work, I could see iphone on my T61 with XP system,

then it ask me to enter code to pair with iphone, but there is no code show on iphone

windows 7 does not have this problem. I would pair with my iphone and use internet tethering, use pc's speaker to listen music from ipod etc