cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blambo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,350
Message 1 of 8

T61P Volume control doesn't display on the monitor. Makes an 'error' beep when pressed

Hi,

I upgraded from a T43P to a T61P i.e. moved the drive over to the new machine and fixed the broken drivers etc.

Just about everything works but the volume controls don't working correctly.

They change the volume, but instead of showing a green volume level on the monitor the machine makes 'error' beeps.

How can I fix this please? 

johngwilliams3
Paper Tape
Views: 2,348
Message 2 of 8

Re: T61P Volume control doesn't display on the monitor. Makes an 'error' beep when pressed

So does the volume controls still work though?
blambo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,345
Message 3 of 8

Re: T61P Volume control doesn't display on the monitor. Makes an 'error' beep when pressed

Yes the volume controls do work, but having whatever you're listening to interupted by the multiple beeps isn't ideal.

Also, I can't get the visual confirmation of what level the volume is at.

Mikey 

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,330
Message 4 of 8

Mikey,

you need to go to Display Properties > Settings  and choose advanced, select "On Screen Display" and then put a tick in the box for "On Screen Display" and remove the tick for "Signal Tone for Volume Control" (or whatever it is called in English)

I hope you can find what I'm referring to, unfortunately my sytem's in German.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

blambo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,302
Message 5 of 8

Cheers Andy,

Weird how the tabs for the display properties on different Tpads are so different.

On screen display doens't exist on the T43P

Mikey 

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,295
Message 6 of 8

blambo wrote:

On screen display doens't exist on the T43P

Oops, I'd better send mine back then Smiley Wink

I wrote that post after checking the properties etc on my T43.

Hopefully everything is now AOK

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

jasondarla
Punch Card
Views: 2,289
Message 7 of 8

I was trying to follow those step Andy and have no idea how to get to your menu selections on the T61P. Things are quite different from the T43.

Jay

T61P(6459-CTO) T9300 @ 2.5 GHz, 4g ram, Quadro FX 570M, Vista Bus. 64Bit, 160gig 7200 rpm HD, WSXGA disp.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,279
Message 8 of 8

It should be, running XP, as follows;

R. Click in an empty place on desktop

L. Click on properties

L. Click selecting the Settings Tab

L. Click selecting Advanced (bottom R.)

L. Click selecting "On Screen Display"

You should then see the options I posted about. If you do not have the Lenovo graphics and HotKey drivers installed, (plus maybe something else), it may be that these options are not available.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors