Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppmurphy89
Paper Tape
Views: 1,188
Message 1 of 6

T61p Thinkpad Hard drive adapter and Hard drive set up question

I have a T61p and purchased a hard drive adapter (pn: 40Y8725) and a 320 GB 5400 rpm hard drive (pn: 43N3403).  After ejecting the CD burner and inserting the adapter with new hard drive the system did say it was ready for use.  Problem is that is does NOT show up on the "My Computer" so I don't know how to access it.  I purchased the devices to back up the computer easily.

How do I get it to register (if that is the correct term) on the My Computer so I can use it?  I am using MS Windows XP Professional.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,180
Message 2 of 6

Re: T61p Thinkpad Hard drive adapter and Hard drive set up question

do you see it in the bios???
ppmurphy89
Paper Tape
Views: 1,167
Message 3 of 6

After using the F1 function key at start up and going to the HDD tab both the old and new hard drives were listed.  When doing a "check" of the new hard drive the name came up correctly ie: HITACHI  and a lot of numbers the same as on the new hard drive.  So I guess it is "registered" in the BIOS.  I'm no computer expert.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,165
Message 4 of 6

in your system property does your drive show up??? you probably have to format the drive first
ppmurphy89
Paper Tape
Views: 1,159
Message 5 of 6

It shows up in the system information under the Hardware Components as one of the discs.  How would you format the drive if the "My Computer" doesn't show it?  I don't know what drive it is, ie whether it is D:\  or E:\  etc
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,109
Message 6 of 6

Right click on my computer and select manage > drive management. You can then right click the drive which will allow you to create a partition and format it.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog