English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads Knowledge Base

T61p Win7 Drivers for Battery

Question

I've just completed a fresh install of Windows 7 and have noticed that the battery icon in the task bar which indicates the charge % is missing.  I have checked the Lenovo Support page for driver software but had a message "no results found for selected operating system" .  Is there way of getting the battery charge icon to be displayed with Windows 7?

Answer

If your doing a Fresh installation, please ensure to install all drivers and Lenovo softwares. Among the important ones that always need to be installed is the Lenovo power Manager. Below is a link to the required drivers.

Lenovo Power Manager 

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/gtku07ww.exe

and

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/gtu402ww.exe

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

Mike-Fischer On 2016-07-26, 21:11 PM

I own a Lenovo G500S touch, shipped with windows 8.  I upgraded to win 10 a few months ago.

I discovered recently that my battery management is no longer working.  Web browsing indicates that it is related to Windows 10 compatibility with the Lenovo driver.

Fine, no problem I downline the driver but it doesn’t work. I browse the forums to discover that many other people are having this problem.

I tried so many things that I have difficulty recording them, but in my downloads folder I have the following executables related to this problem:

lbsetup.exe

cagt26ww.exe

n1mku14w.exe

All are apparently related to this driver and none of them have resolved the issue. What is more, I have no access to these programs as applications on my computer even though there is some indication that they are running. How much more software from Lenovo will I have running in the background consuming CPU cycles before I come to a solution here? Is it really that complicated?

So far Lenovo has been a good brand for me and I think the battery software is great. I’m wondering if I can keep using it.

Mike-Fischer On 2016-07-26, 22:31 PM

After 2 hours of exploring the support site I was able to find the right win 10 driver for my machine... This time I started out by entering my model num.

Not too much trouble but a path that was not at all clear or viable  in all the visual  noise on the site.

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop