Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowblind
Not applicable
Views: 630
Message 1 of 2

T61p (XPSP2) stuck in "System Update

Tried running System Update- It pops up Update back window & a dialog box pops up stating it is unable to open correctly. If you click the OK button or the X, the dialog box goes away for a few seconds, then returns. If you don't click OK or the X, it just sits there. Tried installing System Update on top of existing one, removing from Add/Remove Programs and reinstalling from Lenovo's site with version 3.14 & rebooting. It's still and says, "System Update is unable to open correctly. Please wait while Update restarts" loop.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

lukkbox
Not applicable
Views: 607
Message 2 of 2

Re: T61p (XPSP2) stuck in "System Update

sounds like an issue i had other day with my T42

after installing the new updates the system updater became frozen and wouldnt let me shut it 

in the end i waited half an hour, made sure it wasnt still updating anything, then just held my finger on the power button till it turned itself off

harsh i know, but nothing else i could do even task manager wouldnt shut it down

im notusggesting you do this, as it might not be same problem, but thats what i did

incidentally, i was chitting myself as i held down the power button, thought i might turn it into a nice black sleek rock

hehe

T42 - T21 - Tecra 8200 all xp

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors