Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twr7cx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 702
Message 1 of 4

T61p - installing Intel Turbo Memory 1GB into

I have a T61p 6459-A12. I want to install the Intel 1GB Turbo Memory into it. Is anyone able to assist me in determining where this module fits into the system, so that I can confirm whether or not I will have to remove any other component already installed in order to install the Intel 1GB Turbo Memory?
I have read that it goes into the same slot as the WWAN module. I'm fairly certain that my unit does not have the WWAN module (as I believe if it did there would be an LED status light underneath the LCD screen inbetween the Bluetooth and Number Lock light - which my unit does not have). Does this definately mean that I should have a free spot in my unit to instal the Intel 1GB Turbo Memory?

Kamika007z
Punch Card
Views: 679
Message 2 of 4

Re: T61p - installing Intel Turbo Memory 1GB into

Hi twr7cx,

You are correct! The Turbo Memory module would go where the WWAN card would be - which from what you stated, you do not have installed as you would have the indicator light below the LCD.

Just look for the Hardware Maintenance Manual/System Documentation from Lenovo's site and it will show you where it goes.  It's usually on the left middle side of the system (when looking from the LCD).

I hope this helps and good luck!

-Kamika007z

twr7cx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 672
Message 3 of 4

Got a 1GB Intel Turbo Memory module from eBay for $15.00 USD posted.

Found this in the Hardware Maintenance Manual, number 23 is the module:

[URL=http://img48.imageshack.us/i/415656.jpg/][IMG]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5720/415656.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

twr7cx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 601
Message 4 of 4

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors