Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rolly007
What's DOS?
Views: 377
Message 1 of 12

T61p power on

I was using in power save mode then shut down, when I went to turn back on all I get is the light with the z and the battery light. I've tried the hold power button down. I'm thinking it's mobo
rolly007
What's DOS?
Views: 363
Message 2 of 12

Re: T61p power on

Forgot to say no beeps
rossv
Punch Card
Views: 359
Message 3 of 12

Sounds just like my T61p!

Try by removing all RAM first and then turn it on. Do you get "No RAM present" beeps? You will hear 1-3-3-1 beeps, where the 1 is long and the 3 are short.
rolly007
What's DOS?
Views: 349
Message 4 of 12

Yeah tried that also removed bios battery got the beeps when removed the ram, I also left on all night then I left on with just battery plug in now ac then I turned off and just before was about to go get another one it turned on so not sure what's wrong with it, either way I don't trust it now lol
rossv
Punch Card
Views: 330
Message 5 of 12

My machine also did this. It was 'hard' to turn on 1-2 days prior to complete failure.I was able to get it to turn on by removing AC power, and trying again. I never used the battery since my PC was always docked.

Although your T61p may have completely unrelated issues, you should definitely backup all your data and unlock your hard drive if you used a password on it. As you say, it can't really be trusted..

deucci
Paper Tape
Views: 266
Message 6 of 12

Have a T61P with Vista...pushed the power button to boot and the screen is black; all that happens is that the 1 and A icons flash for a second, then the power (plug symbol) and the "Z" (next to the power button) stay illuminated.  Cannot get the laptop to do anything different, regardless of whether it is in the docking station or not...

Noticed that it has been taking a bit longer to boot up in the morning, but this is the first time the screen has remained black.  Fan was spinning when it was in the docking station (it felt hot), like it was trying to boot up, but it seems like it was stuck in some mode...again, nothing appeared on the screen....

Not too familiar with this situation and would really appreciate some expertise or suggestions on what to try next....

Is it possible that the battery is unuseable such that, there is not enough power to allow the laptop to turn on?  

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Retired Guru
Views: 262
Message 7 of 12

you may be having this issue
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/T61p-exhibiting-1-long-and-2-short-beep-...

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
deucci
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 8 of 12

forgot to mention -- no beeps at all

deucci
Paper Tape
Views: 256
Message 9 of 12

what does the z (icon) really mean?

Retired Guru
Views: 250
Message 10 of 12

thats the power on icon

poweron.PNG

some folks haven't had the beeps but most have you can try an external screen if it works with that then its not the GPU

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals