Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
werfu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,165
Message 1 of 6

T61p putting itself in sleep mode while gaming

I got my T61p since January and I'm pretty tired of this issue. I've read on the net that it is an issue with some laptop that has a defective motherboard when using two stick of memory (which is my case). Is there any mean to get this fix?

Everytime I start to game for a little while, I have to use a lapcool or else it shut itself off. The heavier the game, the faster it happen.  So please.... 

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,163
Message 2 of 6

Re: T61p putting itself in sleep mode while gaming

check your GPU and CPU temp, with HWmonitorPro what is your temp???
werfu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,120
Message 3 of 6

I've written my first post a day after I had that shut down I described. Since then, it's running real hot and I'm having trouble with my wireless connexion. I'm having trouble connecting to networks and my download speed is playing yo-yo. HWMonitorPro is currently showing 87 Celcius degree for the CPU (max 95) and my GPU is 71 Celcius degree while in Vista (I haven't gamed with my laptop since I turned it on). The TMH1 sensor is giving 86 Celcius degree right now and has hit 91. I'm pretty sure this is not normal. What should I do?
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,108
Message 4 of 6

send in for repair obviously your heat sink/fan assembly is not efficiently moving out all the heats, otherwise your computer will die on you in a year or two.
werfu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,106
Message 5 of 6

Considering I'm a qualified computer technician, could I simply open the laptop and replace the current thermal paste or this would void the warranty? Also, should this resolve the problem or it may be related to something else?
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,102
Message 6 of 6

taking out your fan assembly and cpu would avoid your warranty, in addition the fan assembly may need to be replaced. i will stay on the safer path of sending in the laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals