Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A7MAN
Not applicable
Views: 740
Message 1 of 3

T61p upgrade ??'s - memory & battery

Greetings all! I am hoping to do some minor upgrading to my 15.4" T61p in terms of memory and battery life in the very near future. I have been looking around at the batteries and am having a hard time determining which one will actually work! (I know, noob!) I'm seeing batteries for T61 series "14W" and I'm not sure what that means. A quick search of other sites reveals different model #'s for what I thought was the same battery.

That said, could anyone point the way to a super-extended life (9 cell?) battery for a 15.4" T61p?

Also, with regard to memory, I am currently running 4G but would like to upgrade if possible. Any comments in this department are welcome. I am running 64bit OS but am unsure about max memory caps in the notebook itself (physical or otherwise)

Infinite loops of gratitude in advance!

--------------------------------------
T61p 6459CTO Vista Busx64
wjli2
Not applicable
Views: 733
Message 2 of 3

Re: T61p upgrade ??'s - memory & battery

someone was able to upgrade the T61p to 8 gig using 2 sticks of 4 gig.

Your nine cell battery can be found here:

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?...

A7MAN
Not applicable
Views: 731
Message 3 of 3

Re: T61p upgrade ??'s - memory & battery

Brilliant! That was *not* the battery I was looking at, I'm glad I asked. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, and so punctually at that. Much obliged. Long live Lenovo!

--------------------------------------
T61p 6459CTO Vista Busx64

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors