cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkguru
What's DOS?
Views: 782
Message 1 of 4

T61p with X1300 in Advanced Dock in Vista - working?

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this will work. I have a T61p (6460-8XU) and an Advanced Dock (2503-10U) and I am looking into purchasing the ATI X1300 so I can attach two 27 inch screens (for coding and debugging).

The Advanced Dock page says it supports the ATI X1300, BUT it only meantions the T60 series with XP in the combatibility section. Page however is from 2005 so it MAY not be true anymore...

Any suggestions (other than spend the money and see...)

J-

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 760
Message 2 of 4

Re: T61p with X1300 in Advanced Dock in Vista - working?

apparently only the XP os is supported, but people have used the T61p with success. Why don't you just get an Advanced Mini dock use the DVI on it, and get a usb2dvi to plug in the other monitor on, this is surely much easier than you getting a card like X1300.
nmaclean
What's DOS?
Views: 748
Message 3 of 4

I have a similar question. Although I have the T60, and the advanced dock, I"m wondering if the x1300 is the best card to get being as the lenovo page was written in 2005.

Regarding the reply your got, is the respondent meaning that a USB/DVI card is equal in performance to the x1300? 

I'm intending to use the dock to drive a projector, a very big projector, so I would like to know the range of cards that are compatable. 

thanks

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 734
Message 4 of 4

@nmaclean. If you search the forum for 'advanced dock' then you will find there are other cards that work, but they need lot of fiddling around. What graphics card do you have on your T60 right now??? what is the resolution required on the projector??? You can always use your VGA output, if you use a high quality cable, the quality of the video output shouldn't be that bad. Or if that doesn't suit you why do you get a USB2DVI converter box for a DVI output.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors