Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andys1376
What's DOS?
Views: 1,148
Message 1 of 5

ThinkVantage button no longer works

The blue ThinkVantage button has stopped working on my laptop during startup. Instead of bringing me to Rescue and Recovery like before, it now gives me a "Startup Interrupt Menu", where I can resume normal startup, enter BIOS, or choose a temporary startup device. I tried using the Recovery Repair Diskette, but I could no longer boot normally - the message, "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" would show before Windows could load. Any ideas? Thanks.
cherylanne
Paper Tape
Views: 1,078
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkVantage button no longer works

I'm sorry, this is not going to be an answer - I just wanted to say that my think vantage button no longer works either - it does absolutely nothing.  I noticed there was a bios update today and I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it.  I'm also having trouble playing movies - it wants me to change my screen resolution and some other weird thing which I am not going to do.  It played movies fine yesterday.

Of course I'm out of warranty so there will be no resolution.

andys1376
What's DOS?
Views: 1,066
Message 3 of 5

Is there a way I can contact Lenovo directly about this issue? I am under warranty.
pcnghana
Paper Tape
Views: 1,031
Message 4 of 5

andy,

Got to IBM Electronic Service Call.

They should be able to help you with this problem.

cherylanne
Paper Tape
Views: 1,020
Message 5 of 5

That link appears to be broken; however, it did take me to a page where I could send a message regarding the broken link or to IBM's home page.  Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors