Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atomheart
Fanfold Paper
Views: 424
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Optical Drive Firmware Update Has Incorrect GCC-4241N Version

I am frantically trying to upgrade the firmware on my Tpad G41 28865YU CDRW/DVD drive (GCC-4241N).  I located the driver update fix in the FWod01 CD firmware update package.  Unfortunately, this package only is available on a multitude of diskettes which most laptops - including do not have.  Fortunately, Lenovo at some point accumulated the 1st 8 firmware packages (FWod01-FWod08) into a CD-boot disk update .iso file for download and CD drive install.  Fine.  I brought down this .iso file and created the appropriate boot CD and ran it:  *FWoD08 here*

I had traced the needed firmware version to 0202 as documented in the documentation for my GCC-4241N drive.  Unfortunately, the 0202 firmware never somehow made it into the FWod08 package which only contains the original 1.04 version which is the problem.  So, the documentation and the contents of this FWod08 is incorrect. 

Any chance of getting this rebuilt, or made into a new CD boot iso with the GCC-4241N 0202 firmware?  The updates have gone upto FWod09 but that is back to diskettes.  Or - is there some way I can get the 0202 files to add to my current FWod08 CD disk?

PJV

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors