cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgordon
Paper Tape
Views: 380
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad T42 2373 rescue and recovery does not work.

Hi;   Trying to restore my t42 with microsoft exp .   This was s SUnLife machine (mine own) and decomissioned by  SunLife .  They said they wiped down the hard drive and removed everything including the windows software.   so much so that the machine BIOS would not recognize the DVD drive  and could not read the R & R disks ..   They felt the R & R disks were at fault.    I took the disks and put them into another drive on a different machine   - no problem disks work fine.  Checked the dvd drive on the T42 it also works fine.    but I could not get the bios to read the R & R dvds.   I then placed into the dvd MAchine loading software for windows exp .- different than the recovery cd's    and loaded windows exp from it .    

I think it may have been source for another manufactures machine.   I think I am missing a lot of drivers ?  

I can now read using the dvd drive at least  and can open the recover cds   I can see all the files but not sure what I'm looking at and even if I need to run the recovery?    I do know that the software loaded was one dvd and the recover system is seven dvd's 

I was hoping to get to the internet and download the mircosoft updates and any windows update  but I can not connect ?   I can't get the wireless working because it apparantly comes with one of the updates

I am not able to run the Recovery disks either 

I am out of my area of expertise and would like some guildence  Can any one help me?

Gord

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors