Did you mean: 
sleepmaster91
Paper Tape
Views: 1,339
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad T60 won't boot at all

Hi

I'm sorry If this question was asked before on this forum

I have a IBM Thinkpad T60 15.4in Widescreen laptop and i'm having problems installing Windows 7 64-bit on it. When I got it the bios was locked with a supervisor password and I coudn't bypass it so I bought a new motherboard. After I installed the new motherboard, I tried booting a Windows 7 install from a USB stick like I usually do to instll Windows but all it does is saying "Windows is loading files" then "Starting Windows" and then nothing happens...all I get is a black screen and it stays stuck there forever.

I tried a 32-bit version of Windows 7 : same thing

I tried Windows Vista : same thing

I tried Windows XP : same thing

I tried Ubuntu 64bit : same thing

I tried a strelec boot usb : it bluescreens or freezes

I tried flashing the latest BIOS and changing the boot mode from AHCI to Compatibility but it didn't change anything

At this point i have no idea what's wrong...did anyone have any similar problems ??

Best regards

it_geek
802.11n
Views: 1,123
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T60 won't boot at all

your replacement motherboard may unfortunately be a failing motherboard as well.

This is a risk you take with very out of date models like the T60.

W510: i7-720QM, 16GB, DDR3 PC10600 - 1033MHz Kingston Value RAM, 1GB Quadro FX880M, 2TB Seagate SSHD (Internal) + 2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD (external via eSATA)

T410: i5-520M, 8GB, DDR3 PC8500 - 1066Mhz Kingston Value RAM, 512MB Geforce, 1TB Seagate SSHD (Internal) + 1TB Seagate SSHD (external via eSATA)
Highlighted
sleepmaster91
Paper Tape
Views: 1,117
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T60 won't boot at all

Turns out it was the wifi card that was defective

Go figure haha

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors