Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Floggin
Paper Tape
Views: 23,192
Message 1 of 16

Thinkpad t42 wireless problems

I have an IBM thinkpad t42, i just rescently had to replace the hard drive. I installed windows xp sp2 and a lot of things wouldnt work. I installed a few drivers and now i can connect to the internet via LAN not wireless. The wireless is not showing up in device manager. It shows a yellow esclamation mark and says "network controller" under "other devices". I try to update and everything but no luck. Not sure whats wrong. Any help?

Floggin
Paper Tape
Views: 23,134
Message 2 of 16

Re: Thinkpad t42 wireless problems

And its a thinkpad t42 2378-r4u if that helps

Guru
Views: 23,102
Message 3 of 16

Welcome to the forum!

Your wireless driver (Intel 2200BG):

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6hwc05ww.zip

After downloading it and extracting it from zip file - if it doesn't  ask you whether you want the driver installed now - you must go into C>Drivers>Win>Wlanint and run the setup file from there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
emyhunts
What's DOS?
Views: 22,668
Message 4 of 16

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have been fighting with my computer (IBM T42-2373 7wm) for over 12 hours now trying to get the stupid thing to connect to the internet wirelessly. Your advice, with the extra recommendation to go into the file and actually load the driver install was the key. Here is exactly what I did following your instructions:

- Install linked driver (above post)

-Open "C:\Drivers\Win\WLANINT2\XP\Drivers\x32"
** Mine is WLANINT2 (as opposed to just WLANINT) because the WLANINT was an older version and it said it couldn't cope with down grading. This might not be the same for others. 

- Open and install "DPInst32.exe" That will get you the normal Windows wireless network connector program

- Open and install "iProdifx.exe" That did something good too.

No idea what those links are, but they worked!! i also had to restart my modem, but we often have to do that anyway. But it might help.

All the best to anyone else suffering from stupidcomputeritis.  

laungaard
What's DOS?
Views: 22,652
Message 5 of 16

Dear Sirs;Smiley Happy

Mine has the exact problem, followed your suggestion, but it still didn´t work?

Type T42, 2373-K9G

I have tried allmost every wireless controller/driver I can find, but nothing helps.

Any good ideas??

Best regards Claus/denmark

Guru
Views: 22,633
Message 6 of 16

Use this one:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67214

Remember, downloading the driver is just the first step. After that, you must go to C>Drivers>Win>Wlanath and run the setup file from there.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
blpme
Paper Tape
Views: 22,526
Message 7 of 16

Hope you're still in a really helpful mood... same issue, got a gov't auction laptop, can't find the right driver. Model/type is 2378-FZU. Any help you can offer on this, I'd appreciate.

Thanks!

BCO
Paper Tape
Views: 22,049
Message 8 of 16

I've been experiencing wireless  connection problems with my Thinkpad t42 2373MA4, with Intel Pro/wireless 2200bg adapter.  My adapter driver (6hwc05ww.exe) is current and have been using it for months since I upgraded. Until recently I've been noticing that I've been getting intermittent wireless connection and sometimes none at all. I immediately know when I dont have wireless connection  as the display indicator below LCD display wont blink or have a solid green light upon power-on.  When I checked Device Manage, network adapter it will only recognize my LAN  adapter Intel Pro 1000 MT Mobile Connection and no wireless adapter shown. It also freezes when I try to configure it in Access Connection and connection is lost when I tried to configure it in Windows.

What could be the problem? any suggestion? I already scanned my unit of viruses but none was found except for few warnings.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Control Panel-Add and Remove the Intel Pro Network Driver and Adapter and reinstalling again but nothing happened. Intermittent connection and freeze remained. Thanks

RLErrington
Blue Screen Again
Views: 21,737
Message 9 of 16

Similar problems here.

T42 2379-DXU

Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG

Replaced hard drive, reimaged, have installed driver from lenovo website.  2 issues:

1) Fn-F5 pops up Access IBM window.  Bluetooth Radio shows, NO Info for Wireless LAN card. 

2) Wireless connection is unstable when connected to a "secure" network.  Wavers on/off.  When connected to unsecure it is OK.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

jsulli1
What's DOS?
Views: 21,030
Message 10 of 16

I have a T42 product ID 2374 WRY running XP sp 3 that had a HD crash and new installed same issue the restore CDs do not work with wireless card, nor does the Biometrics. I have download  a bunch of drivers with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale