Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

Turbo Memory on T61p

Hi all,

Was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the following: on the T61p, there are 3 mini PCIe expansion slots on the motherboard. 2 full size and 1 half size. 1 of the full size slots is taken by the WLAN card so that leaves 1 full size and 1 half size slot for me.

Now i want to install a intel turbo memory module. My question is can i install a half size 4gb module, like those found on the newer T400s and T500s, in the slot that is meant for the wireless USB module? also do i need to go for an orginal Lenovo item? Will other non-Lenovo PCIe components give the 1084 checksum error?

Cheers,

Byron

Ctrl-Alt-Del

Re: Turbo Memory on T61p

hi all,

just a quick update.. i got both the 2 different sizes of turbo memory and tried them out on my T61p.. here are some of my findings..

Full sized PCI-e module (1GB)

Half sized PCI-e Module (2GB)

apparently only the Full sized 1GB module was recognizable on my T61p platform.. i am thinking that with the ICH8M chipset, the full sized 1GB is the max that the chipset will support.

the half sized 2GB module worked very well on a T400 with the ICH9M chipset..

Performance wise, without a clean install of windows 7, boot up time was noticably shorter and also shutdown was very much faster.. will be monintoring batt consumption.. will post again when i have more info to share Smiley Happy

Byron