cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZetLAW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 890
Message 1 of 6

Turbo memory Crashes vista and windows 7 when I install the driver (any available driver)

It goes like this .

when I first receive my t61 there was a vista installation and turbo me worked. I downgraded to XP and then I didn't use turbomem.

about half a year ago I tried running windows 7 beta and one of the turbo memory drivers worked but didn't operate the Readyboost or ready drive but only I was able to see the IMD-0 in the disk management so I mounted the IMD as a drive and run manually the ready boost on that drive.  

I installed a newer version of windows 7 (Build 7600) and I tried that newer turbo mem drivers and the older drivers nothing works ! 

When I install the driver my comp crashed because ianvstor.  That happens everytime IM trying to install the driver.

I tried installing vista SP2 and the same thing happens.  I think my turbo mem chip is burned or something.

I also tried to replace hard drives and it didn't works.

it's really annoying that I have a component on the computer which I payed for it and it doesn't work.

i really hope this forum can help me to solve the problem.

i was going throw all the posts in google about turbo mem and none of them have my problem which I can't even install the driver.

MarkATL
WWAN
Views: 888
Message 2 of 6

Re: Turbo memory Crashes vista and windows 7 when I install the driver (any available driver)

@ZetLAW wrote:

about half a year ago I tried running windows 7 beta and one of the turbo memory drivers worked but didn't operate the Readyboost or ready drive but only I was able to see the IMD-0 in the disk management so I mounted the IMD as a drive and run manually the ready boost on that drive.  

I installed a newer version of windows 7 (Build 7600) and I tried that newer turbo mem drivers and the older drivers nothing works ! 

When I install the driver my comp crashed because ianvstor.  That happens everytime IM trying to install the driver.

I tried installing vista SP2 and the same thing happens.  I think my turbo mem chip is burned or something.

I also tried to replace hard drives and it didn't works.

it's really annoying that I have a component on the computer which I payed for it and it doesn't work.

i really hope this forum can help me to solve the problem.

Windows 7 is still in beta stages first of all, and second, Lenovo hasn't released any official drivers to work with Windows 7 yet. That will NOT happen unitl Microsoft offically releases Windows 7. 

http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/windows7/index.html?ipromoID=wnb00492&

I would highly recommend sticking with the OEM version of your OS to eliminate problems of this kind! You want Lenovo to help you, but you're using a non-OEM operating system on your unit. Maybe someone else here in the forum might be able to assist you.

Do NOT PM me with technical issues. Post in the forum for assistance. Thanks
ZetLAW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 885
Message 3 of 6

Re: Turbo memory Crashes vista and windows 7 when I install the driver (any available driver)

you right there is no windows 7 support from lenovo. !!

that is why i installed clean vista install ! and the driver crashed vista as well !

vista OEM SP2  X64 bit 

Eudoxus
802.11n
Views: 868
Message 4 of 6

Remove that crap called turbo memory chip from your ThinkPad and reinstall your OS. Trust me, your system will be as fast as before (in some cases even faster) and will run without crashes. At least this is my experience.
Present - Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB/ 81C300AQLT
Past: ThinkPad T500 2242-CTO P8600 / 4GB RAM / WSXGA+ / HDD Fujitsu 7200rpm 1TB / 6 Cell Sony / Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
ThinkPad Tablet 2

ThinkPad X61s 7669-3KG Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
ZetLAW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 864
Message 5 of 6

i've allready remove it because windows could not load.

but this little thing will save battery life that is why i want to activate it.   and allso because i paid for it .

Eudoxus
802.11n
Views: 851
Message 6 of 6

None of the reasons mentioned by you seem to me enoug to tolerate regular crashes and glitches.

First, I doubt that this little thing has any substantial effect on battery life. At leas I have not noticed any difference on my system.

Second, we should somehow face the fact that the money invested in turbo memory is wasted. The fact that I paid for it does not oblige me to use it. Yes, stupid investment on my part. Since I removed the chip from my ThinkPad I have no noticed any disadvantage of running a machine without it:

1) My system is as fast as before (in fact, in some cases it is even faster)

2) No noticable difference in battery performance

3) No BSOD and glitches.

Present - Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB/ 81C300AQLT
Past: ThinkPad T500 2242-CTO P8600 / 4GB RAM / WSXGA+ / HDD Fujitsu 7200rpm 1TB / 6 Cell Sony / Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
ThinkPad Tablet 2

ThinkPad X61s 7669-3KG Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors