Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ef2011
What's DOS?
Views: 830
Message 1 of 6

USB problem, Memory parity error

I got this message when ever i place my usb stick. But usb works fine when i boot to linux. Pls help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 807
Message 2 of 6

Re: USB problem, Memory parity error

Hello and welcome,

It would help others help you if you provided a little more information.  What model laptop?  What operating system?  How much RAM is installed, and how many modules?  What model/brand USB flash drive?  Does it happen with any USB drive?  Does it happen with other USB devices?

Have you run a memory test?  And so on...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

ef2011
What's DOS?
Views: 782
Message 3 of 6

T60, 1g ram, xp3. Usb flash drives works fine when i use it on another pc/laptop. Usb ports also works fine if i use a linux live cd.. Pls help.
I tried installing win 7, problem still remain. I have tried different ways to resolve the problem, failed
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 773
Message 4 of 6

Are you running now Win7 or WinXP? Do you have the latest Microsoft updates? Installed?

What about the BIOS of your T60, can you post the current BIOS version? And also the 7 digit code that specifies your machine type, you can find it at the bottom of your laptop.

Could you also try to post a printscreen of the error?

Cheers

L40SX/240/240X/340CSE/360PE/365XD/380D/380E/380XD/380Z/390/560E/560X/570/600/600E/750Cs/755C/760CD/760EL/760XD/770E/A20p/A22/A31/i1600/G40/R50p/R61i/S30/SL510/T22/T4x/T6x/T4x0/T5x0/W5x0/W700/X1/X2x/X3x/X4x/X6x/X6xT/X2xx/X200T/X30x/Z60m/Z61x

Español Comunidad en Español  English English Community  Deutsche Deutsche Community   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Untitled-4.png
ef2011
What's DOS?
Views: 750
Message 5 of 6

I have installed the updates, latest bios but still no luck. Running on win7 right now, usb mouse,usb keyboard and cooling fan works fine.

Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support
NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error
*** The system has halted ***

Whenever i use a USB stick, that error shows up.
I have tried almost every trick i read in forums, still no luck.
Xobotun
Paper Tape
Views: 493
Message 6 of 6

I've just this notebook (especially, "Type 2007" one) and after installing Win7 frustrately found I have this error too.

Luckily, my USB mouse and keyboard were working satisfyingly, but I wasn't able to transfer data any way except Wi-Fi. 

After a day I began experimenting how long can USB cable. So I attached my mouse to a hub with 5m long wire and plugged it into T60.

But I haven't noticed that there was very small USB-stick plugged in! So I came up with a solution: just insert all you need into a different hub than Intel N10/ICH7 (this way, external oneCat Happy)

So, good luck!

tl;dr; Use external USB hub!

P.S. Yes, tl;dr; after text is really funny. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors