Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Vista SP2 update - sound problem

[ Edited ]

I installed the Vista SP2, and after the update the sound is gone!

I reinstall the soundmax driver (6.10.1.5510), rebooted the system several times, didn't help.

Any ideas ? 

Message Edited by habangar on 06-23-2009 07:26 AM
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: Vista SP2 update - sound problem

I have a similar issue.  I had a Windows Vista Business SP2 installation that had sound at first, but after hibernation - sound was gone.  Wouldn't come back.  I noticed that the service was down, so I started it.  Everything looked as though it should work, but nothing - no sound.  So I rebuilt the laptop with Windows 7.  Sound worked fine.  Until I put the laptop to sleep.  Once it came out - sound was gone.  So I went back to Vista SP2 again.  Sound worked fine.  Until I put the laptop to sleep this morning.  Now once again I have no sound.  Always does the same thing - shows a red X on the volume control and states that service is not running.  If I let Windows start it, it starts fine, and all appears normal - but there is still no sound.
Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

By the way - my laptop is a T61 with SoundMAX audio.  Reinstalling the driver does not fix the issue.
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Had the same problem as well (no sound after SP2 installation). After I confirmed the right services were running (restarted them just in case), I simply rebooted the my T61p (Vista x64). Sound started working again. FYI... I *still* loose the sound if I do a large number of standby/wake up cycles. I eventually powercycle to restore the sound.

Michel