Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milstein
Punch Card
Views: 3,936
Message 1 of 7

Weird Touchpad / TrackPad problem on T60

Hi Lenovo & all,

I use the trackpoint most of the time, but recently after updating the drivers for a number of times from Lenovo update manager I found out that the touchpad on my T60 is not working right.

Symptom is that whenever my T60 is tilted forward or backward (i.e. not sitting horizontally flat), then there will be great difficult trying to control the pointer with the touchpad (not responding, etc).

Did somebody encounter similar problem?

milstein
Punch Card
Views: 3,905
Message 2 of 7

Re: Weird Touchpad / TrackPad problem on T60

I found that the problem can be due to the palm rest region being pressed down my my palm:

If I press the palm region up on the edge (as it flex a little bit when I use force), then the touchpad works fine even when the laptop is tilted. However, when I stop pressing up on the edge, especially after I have put my palms onto the palm rest to type again, then the touchpad stop behaving normally again

It is a design fault of T60, or is it just my T60? Can I have it fixed?

kmf68
What's DOS?
Views: 3,429
Message 3 of 7

Hi

I have EXACTLY the same problem, but it applies to the fingerprint reader as well. When you press the palmrest or tilt the T60 forward everything's fine. Otherwise no touchpad and reader. Did you come to any conclusion? I tried to replace whole palmrest including the reader and the touchpad - the same story.

meriter
What's DOS?
Views: 2,121
Message 4 of 7

Exact same problem here, though I am running an SL510. This is an issue that ought to be addressed.

eyccheng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,564
Message 5 of 7

It's true, i have the exact same problem! only started getting it recently, i think it was after doing a driver update too.  It works perfect if i put it on my lap (slight angle), but once on flat table, the touchpad becomes very unresponsive and laggy.

eyccheng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,563
Message 6 of 7

Mine is a thinkpad Edge 14 though.

meriter
What's DOS?
Views: 1,558
Message 7 of 7

This issue ended up going away for me after doing 2 things. First, make sure you do the Lenovo software update. Second, the computer comes equipped with a very sensitive tilt/drop sensor that seizes the harddrive when it detects a fall. Disable that or at least minimize the sensitivity and the problem should go away.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors