cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bighank
Punch Card
Views: 894
Message 1 of 5

Will a T61 with middleton BIOS support an Intel Wireless-AC 7265 wifi and bluetooth card?

Upgrading several T61s both with CPUs and WIFI cards.  Have some with bluetooth some not.  Bluetooth card is inside display screen and would prefer to leave that alone.  Was looking at replacing current b/g wifi cards with a faster one and if possible a combo wifi and bluetooth card.  Will install middleton BIOS to get around whitelist.

Will be running Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows 7 Ultimate in the T61s

1.  Will the Intel Wireless-AC 7265 cards work with both wifi and bluetooth in the T61s?

2.  Can I somehow disable either the existing bluetooth adapters or the bluetooth in the 7265 cards so I do not get conflicts with 2 bluetooth adapters.

I am assuming I can download the drivers for the new adapters from the internet.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 882
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will a T61 with middleton BIOS support an Intel Wireless-AC 7265 wifi and bluetooth card?

The cards and sockets are physically a different size.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
bighank
Punch Card
Views: 871
Message 3 of 5

Re: Will a T61 with middleton BIOS support an Intel Wireless-AC 7265 wifi and bluetooth card?

Thanks for pointing that out.  How about an Intel 6230 or 6235 or the 7260. Would any of these cards work in the configuration I described above?  I am looking for a faster wifi card and for one system one which also supports bluetooth.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 864
Message 4 of 5

I have no experience with the modified BIOS.  Maybe, somebody else can help.  I would wonder about the bus speed.  My guess is that it would be a problem.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Pierrot87
Fanfold Paper
Views: 736
Message 5 of 5

Hi Bighank,

my recent experience is quite positive with an AC-7260 replacing "old" 3945ABG. But but I have not tested the Bluetooth faisability and compatibility.

Note : In such case I only downlaoded the Intel WIFI drivers parts and not the Bluetooth one.

Hope this help ... a bit

Pierre

Pierre
T60p FrankenPad, SSD, Win10 - T61 Frankenpad, SSD, 8Gb, AC-7260, Win10 - T530, Win10

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals