cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renatomilan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,764
Message 1 of 4

Wireless connection not working after installed newest Lenovo ThinkVantage System Update programs

Hi, everyone!

I've installed some newest programs through Lenovo ThinkVantage System Update and just after that my wireless connection has stopped working. Here are the installed programs:

• ThinkPad UltraNav Driver for Windows 32-bit version 15.0.24.0;
  • ThinkPad Power Management Driver version 1.60;
  • ThinkPad Modem Adapter version 7.80.8.0;
  • ThinkPad Hotkey Features Integration Package Setup version 3.11.0001;
  • Inter Wireless WiFi Link for Window XP version 13.02.0000;
  • ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows XP version 5.62;
  • ThinkPad Power Manager version 1.88;
  • Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox (32-bit) version 6.0.5514.61.

I've got a Lenovo T61 with Windows XP SP3.

Also in Device Manager, there are now the two "Other devices" bellow with a yellow question point and a yellow exclamation point by side:

1. Bluetooth Hands-free Audio;
  2. Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver.

Does anyone have any idea what can be done to have these issues solved?

P.S.: when I click Fn+F5 it shows only the Bluetooth Radio.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,733
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wireless connection not working after installed newest Lenovo ThinkVantage System Update program

Hello and welcome,

I've seen something like this on XP machines after updates a couple of times now - my T61, a friend's T400, and his daughter's T61.  I guess that makes 3 Smiley Happy

_Maybe_  your situation is the same.

The fix in all 3 cases was to go to device manager and uninstall the wifi driver.  Then scan for hardware changes and let it reinstall the driver.  Something about how Access Connections or some other networking mangement thingy was hooking the drivers I guess.

On both of the friend's machines, the wired networking was also b0rked.  Same fix there.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

renatomilan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,713
Message 3 of 4

Re: Wireless connection not working after installed newest Lenovo ThinkVantage System Update program

Hello, everyone!

@zoltanthegypsy, thanks for your reply!

I uninstalled 'Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG' then I scanned for hardware changes and Windows found a new hardware and installed it. Now I click Fn+F5 and it shows '802.11 Wireless Radio' and 'Bluetooth Radio' and it used to be.

But no matter there is or not a LAN network cable connected, the application stops working and I have to go to the Windows Task Manager and do kill the 'AcFnF5.exe' process.

Moreover, when there is no LAN network cable connected and I launch the 'ThinkVantage Access Connections' application, it doesn't work neither. Then I have to go to the Windows Task Manager and do end the 'ThinkVantage Access Connections' task. On the other hand, if there is a LAN network cable connected and I run the application, it works fine.

Regarding 'Other devices' in Device Manager, now there are three:

1. Bluetooth Communications Port;
  2. Bluetooth Hands-free Audio;
  3. Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver.

The first one did not was part of the list before uninstalling the WiFi driver.

So, I'm still not able to use my wireless connections.

Does anyone could please help me in order to fix this problem?

cbonilla
Punch Card
Views: 1,661
Message 4 of 4

I had a similar problem with a T60 after an SP3 upgrade. I posted this earlier and it may help you:

I think I may have found the fix. According to microsoft the problem can arise when winsock gets corrupted, either as part of a service pack upgrade or when NORTON is uninstalled.

The fix can be found at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259#FixItForMeAlways

on that page you will find a section titled "fix it for me" This will rewrite your winsock file. So far it seems to have worked

Cross you fingers.

You can see if this is the problem by going

control panel

adminstrative tools

component services

services local

and then manually start DHCP CLIENT (and if needed) WIRELESS ZERO CONFIGURATION

You should be ablre to connect then

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals