cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomhet
Paper Tape
Views: 2,997
Message 1 of 4

Z60m: How to increase DVD spin-down time.

I have a issue with the dvd spin-down time, that is very short and thus extremely irritating.

When I browse some disc, dvd spins-up to full speed to read a file and after few (around 5) seconds without read request, it spins down (stops disc rotation). On next file that I want to browse, it starts to spin-up again, which takes some seconds.  This is very annoying and time-consuming when browsing lots of files, but I was not able to increase the time that disk stays rotating.

I tried Nero DriveSpeed, but it was not able to help. I also found no help on the topic in the net.

Do you have idea how to increase this time?

Thanks,

Tomhet

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,989
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z60m: How to increase DVD spin-down time.

you can increase the drive speed, by going into system property and property for cd-drive, there is drop down menu for dvd speed.
tomhet
Paper Tape
Views: 2,939
Message 3 of 4

"by going into system property and property for cd-drive, there is drop down menu for dvd speed."

- Which 'system property'? Do you mean 'Control Panel->System->Device manager' ? Or Exploder->properties of dvd-drive letter?

I can assure I've never seen drop-down for spin-down time in a Windows  XP itself.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,937
Message 4 of 4

from that you can change the cd's speed, which should help to change the spin down time. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors