Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z60tuserill
Paper Tape
Views: 5,334
Message 1 of 15

audio problems on a z60t with windows 7

I loaded windows 7 ultimate on my z60t ( model 2511 ) and everything but the audio works. The device manager shows no errors and the audio as a high definition audio device. Has anyone gotten a similar configuration working and if so how did you get the audio working. Any help will be appreciated.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 5,259
Message 2 of 15

Re: audio problems on a z60t with windows 7

Welcome to the forums

Have you tried using the in buit diagnostics of windows 7?Go to control panel and type "troubleshoot audio playback"

The trouble shooter will scan your computer and might come up with solutions if found online

kevin50
What's DOS?
Views: 5,171
Message 3 of 15

I have a similar problem with Z60m.  Windows 7 indicates that speakers are not plugged in.  The troubleshooter did not help at all.  Updating driver did not help as well.  I am really surprised Lenovo does not have  a driver for audio under Windows 7. 

wsempf
Paper Tape
Views: 5,078
Message 4 of 15

I have exactly the same problem!!

I am showing driver updated and speakers unplugged.

There must be a fix but I have been unable to find it.

Can others out their use the headphone jacks??

Please contact me if you have a fix!!

Thanks,

Bill

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 5,050
Message 5 of 15

Which audio driver is installed on your realtek? 

TheCHIMP
Paper Tape
Views: 4,482
Message 6 of 15

Jan 23, 2010

Same Problem! 

System:

Z60t

FEU-2511

Current OS: Windows 7 (legit copy)

1. After upgrade to Windows 7, audio was the 1 thing that wasnt working.

2. Trolled the boards, found someone's Real Tek Audio Driver Solution

3. Installed the Real Tek, worked perfectly for 3 days

4. Wihtout warning, mid session, suddenly the audio disappeared

5. Never came back, even when deinstall/reinstalling driver

6.  Smiley Sad  -- GRUMPY

Same issues as OP....according to device manager, everything is fine. Driver does not need to be updated. Control panel solution does not work.

Caveat: It is possible that I did some weird keystroke...was experimenting with keystrokes for a multi monitor set up (Windows + shift + left, windows + up) to send windows to different monitors. Is it possible I triggered some "audio kill switch" somewhere?" Doubt this is the cause based on the other postings, but cant rule it out 100% at this point.

MG in LA

Thanks for any ideas.

blazerk2
Paper Tape
Views: 4,301
Message 7 of 15

I had the same problem recently with my Z60m ... I went to Realtek, downloaded the Windows7 file and ran the update program. I then uninstalled the audio system, rebooted and let windows rediscover the audio. Now it works. I had a similiar problem with an A58 desktop that ran realtek as well.

TheCHIMP
Paper Tape
Views: 3,964
Message 8 of 15

Thanks for thinking on this, appreciate the thought.

Have tried this several times.

Sometimes without warning, I will have sound. Hours later, it's gone again. Repeating the process is not conclusive.. it may, or may not, work again.

Sucks, I'm 5 weeks in to windows 7 and no sound. Incidentally, no blue tooth either.

Can't believe Lenovo would not have drivers ready for Sound and Bluetooth for W7.

Capathy21
What's DOS?
Views: 3,869
Message 9 of 15

@TheCHIMP wrote:

Thanks for thinking on this, appreciate the thought.

Have tried this several times.

Sometimes without warning, I will have sound. Hours later, it's gone again. Repeating the process is not conclusive.. it may, or may not, work again.

Sucks, I'm 5 weeks in to windows 7 and no sound. Incidentally, no blue tooth either.

Can't believe Lenovo would not have drivers ready for Sound and Bluetooth for W7.

Hey all, Im brand new to the Lenovo forum. I had the same problem and kept reinstalling windows 7 and never got any sound. My only solution was to reinstall xp, then upgrade to Vista, then upgrade to 7. When I upgraded each time it kept the drivers and I had sound on Windows 7. It was quite a pain and I understand not everyone has a copy of each Windows. Just thought I would share that. Also if anyone finds an easier way let me know. Im about to upgrade another thinkpad I have to 7. Thanks

Moderator note; removed duplicate quote

TheCHIMP
Paper Tape
Views: 3,739
Message 10 of 15

Thanks for the replies. The XP--> Vista --> Win7 is an arduous solution. That is a very very long workaround, but good to know that it is one option. Thanks for sharing.

Took my machine to 2 trusted techs I have always worked with. Both attempted to address this issue without success.

FAILED Workarounds:

• FAIL - Substituting a Sound Driver from  a Toshiba Model that has often shared driver overlap/comaptibility with Lenovo
  • FAIL - REAL TEK Re-Install

Verdict from Both Professionals: Lenovo does not have a sound driver for these models for Windows7.

My next stop: Calling Lenovo direct.

Outraged!

Mikey in LA

Week 7 without sound

25 Feb 2010

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals