Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ftw13lurch
Punch Card
Views: 840
Message 1 of 5

bluetooth hardware connection

When trying to activate the bluetooth on my T61p I'm told it's not plugged in. How does one achieve the plugging in of what I assume's a built-in device?

Whosawatsit
What's DOS?
Views: 835
Message 2 of 5

Re: bluetooth hardware connection

Completely different brand same issue.  I have an Aspire 5739G thats bluetooth capable.  I had to remove the device from my hardware list and reinstall the drivers for it to work.  Otherwise I received almost an identical error message.

ftw13lurch
Punch Card
Views: 832
Message 3 of 5

Sounds good, but when I go thru Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Bluetooth Devices... nothing listed. On to Bluetooth settings and the B/tooth Radio Properties cupboard is bare. I already tried uninstalling & reloading the relevant software but the re-install wouldn't complete cos the install wizard couldn't find the hardware - it said it might not be plugged in, but it should be built in to the unit. Any thoughts?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 840
Message 4 of 5

Hi ftw13lurch,

What is 7 character product number of your ThinkPad? It looks like 2668-KHU and can be looked up from the back sticker.

(If your system has built-in Bluetooth then this should work): Install Hotkey driver, after restarting your ThinkPad press Fn+F5 -> Radio on Bluetooth to activate it, thereafter install the Bluetooth driver. Also verify the hardware switch on the front is in on position.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

ftw13lurch
Punch Card
Views: 816
Message 5 of 5

Product number 6457-BPG. Bang on solution: didn't realise F5 was part of the process. Much appreciated. Many thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors