cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkarasik
Paper Tape
Views: 811
Message 1 of 6

can't install latest patch, "Patch Module for 32-Bit Version of Lenove Patch Utility" v 1.0.3

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can offer some help: I am unable to install the above patch on a T61 w/XP Pro/SP3. Error is simply, "1 Package did not install." Manual install gets same result. In the past when a patch did not instaqll I have had success by downloading and manually installing it, but I can't find the executable for this particular patch. Can anyone make a suggestion? Or point me to the executable?

GaryK

mstcrow5429
Token Ring
Views: 800
Message 2 of 6

Re: can't install latest patch, "Patch Module for 32-Bit Version of Lenove Patch Utility"

I'm having the same problem on Win7 64-bit SP1, both 32 and 64-bit versions of the patch module.  It doesn't seem to affect anything though.

gkarasik
Paper Tape
Views: 790
Message 3 of 6

Re: can't install latest patch, "Patch Module for 32-Bit Version of Lenove Patch Utility"

Hi,

I figured it out. I logged in as "administrator" and the patch installed successfully. This is confusing because the previous user I logged in as was also an administrator. I think maybe that the original install was done as "administrator," and so the patch was able to find the files in needed.

GaryK

mstcrow5429
Token Ring
Views: 752
Message 4 of 6

This is how I was able to successfully install the Lenovo Patch Utility:

1) Enable if necessary and log into the built-in Administrator account.

2) Run System Update.  Download and install the Lenovo Patch Utility (unsure if this is a necessary step,)

3) At this point, the Lenovo Patch Utility is not installed.  The previous version of the Lenovo Patch Utility will display in Programs and Features. 

4) Run System Update under an administrator account.  Download and install the Lenovo Patch Utility (I ran this under a user-created Administrator account; unsure if works under built-in Administrator account..)  Lenovo Patch Utility will no longer appear in Programs and Features.  This indicates it has been succesfully installed.

5) Disable built-in Administrator account if desired for security reasons.

Highlighted
mstcrow5429
Token Ring
Views: 729
Message 5 of 6

Never mind. System Update is still stating that the Lenovo Patch Utility downloads are available, even after it says it has been successfully installed.  Lenovo Patch Utility does not appear in Programs and Features under a user-created administrator account, but does show up in a user-created normal account.  I think something is wrong with the packages.

gkarasik
Paper Tape
Views: 714
Message 6 of 6

Mine is successfully installed. I'm sorry you're still having problems.

GaryK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors