Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cesarNZ
What's DOS?
Views: 2,631
Message 1 of 4

finger scan login

hi all,
     i have a ThinkPad T60 1951-AH5 running on Xp and i just started using the finger scan option to logon to my machine. I find that everytime i change my password it doesnt update the password associated with my registered finger scan and thus i end up having to manually enter my password to login.
  is
cesarNZ
What's DOS?
Views: 2,630
Message 2 of 4

Re: finger scan login

sorry didnt finish my post and the message somehow got posted !!! anyway was wondering if this is a common issue ?? is there a way to update the password associated with the finger scan everytime you update/change password ???

ta.
barrina
What's DOS?
Views: 1,887
Message 3 of 4

I'm also having this issue. Pinging the thread to see if anyone out there has a solution -- I have trawled through the help/ dialog boxes and can't seem to find out how to fix this....

Thanks, Alan

pitervergara
What's DOS?
Views: 1,806
Message 4 of 4

An user from de Institute where I work at the support had a similar problem. She changed her windows password, because she had lost the old one. After the change, she was able to login on the system by using either de password or the finger print, but there was always a popup window asking for the password. At that window, she obviously entered the new password but it was not accepted. I've tried most of the tips i've found in the web, without success. As the user had no bios password or documents encrypted by the finger print (it was used only for windows logon) what I did was:

Delete the finger print registry in the software
Create a new Windows profile with the new password
Using the Vista wizard for file transfer, copied the user profile to this new
Registered the finger print once again in the new profile
After verification that all of her file, bookmarks, Office document models, software preferences, etc was there
Locked the old Windows Account (I did not removed the old account yet, but is being a week since then and she did not complained about nothing yet, so I think it would be safe to remove old files by now...)
It may help some one there until a real solution comes up from the providers...

Ps.: Obviously I don't speak english... sorry about the errors, that probably exists, in the text

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals