Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marko
Paper Tape
Views: 1,105
Message 1 of 2

hard disk boot problem

hello all

i have an old thinkpad 570  with win98 and i need to upgrade to newer version on windows

i have an ultrabase with just a floppy, so very hard to transfer large files or install new os

so i had this idea that i would transfer the hard disk to another laptop, install the os, then transfer back (i ve done this before i have put a dell hd into sony and it booted sucessfully)

first i put windows 2000 on separate parititon and got blue screen stop error and refused to boot,

i then put win98 se using the whole disk now it just says

invalid system disk, pls remove then strike any key,

so i put back into the sony to check i had'nt broken it and it works fine put back into thinkpad same error

im just wondering why this happening?, i have ordered the cd drive now but i am just curious

thank you inn advance

hello all i have an old thinkpad 570 with win98 and i need to upgrade to newer version on windows i have an ultrabase with just a floppy, so very hard to transfer large files or install new os so i had this idea that i would transfer the hard disk to another laptop, install the os, then transfer back (i ve done this before i have put a dell hd into sony and it booted sucessfully) first i put windows 2000 on separate parititon and got blue screen stop error and refused to boot, i then put win98 se using the whole disk now it just says invalid system disk, pls remove then strike any key, so i put back into the sony to check i had'nt broken it and it works fine put back into thinkpad same error im just wondering why this happening?, i have ordered the cd drive now but i am just curious thank you inn advance
thinkpadkid
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,027
Message 2 of 2

Re: hard disk boot problem

Hi,

this is a known problem of the Phoenix BIOS of the 570/570E-series. You have to format the hard drive inside the ThinkPad 570 - maybe boot a DOS from floppy or something life that. Then try to install the HDD in your Sony and install the OS.

bye,

tpk

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors