Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marko
Paper Tape
Views: 1,106
Message 1 of 2

hard disk boot problem

hello all

i have an old thinkpad 570  with win98 and i need to upgrade to newer version on windows

i have an ultrabase with just a floppy, so very hard to transfer large files or install new os

so i had this idea that i would transfer the hard disk to another laptop, install the os, then transfer back (i ve done this before i have put a dell hd into sony and it booted sucessfully)

first i put windows 2000 on separate parititon and got blue screen stop error and refused to boot,

i then put win98 se using the whole disk now it just says

invalid system disk, pls remove then strike any key,

so i put back into the sony to check i had'nt broken it and it works fine put back into thinkpad same error

im just wondering why this happening?, i have ordered the cd drive now but i am just curious

thank you inn advance

hello all i have an old thinkpad 570 with win98 and i need to upgrade to newer version on windows i have an ultrabase with just a floppy, so very hard to transfer large files or install new os so i had this idea that i would transfer the hard disk to another laptop, install the os, then transfer back (i ve done this before i have put a dell hd into sony and it booted sucessfully) first i put windows 2000 on separate parititon and got blue screen stop error and refused to boot, i then put win98 se using the whole disk now it just says invalid system disk, pls remove then strike any key, so i put back into the sony to check i had'nt broken it and it works fine put back into thinkpad same error im just wondering why this happening?, i have ordered the cd drive now but i am just curious thank you inn advance
thinkpadkid
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,028
Message 2 of 2

Re: hard disk boot problem

Hi,

this is a known problem of the Phoenix BIOS of the 570/570E-series. You have to format the hard drive inside the ThinkPad 570 - maybe boot a DOS from floppy or something life that. Then try to install the HDD in your Sony and install the OS.

bye,

tpk

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals