Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan581
What's DOS?
Views: 264
Message 1 of 2

lenovo t60 new hard drive, no recovery

replaced my dead hard drive on my t60. running windows 10. but no recovery disks. how can i obtain disks or usb to recover? other pc's here running vista, so i cannot download recovery for the original windows 7 that it came with either.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 234
Message 2 of 2

Re: lenovo t60 new hard drive, no recovery

Hello and welcome,

If you were already running an activated Windows 10 you can download install media directly from Microsoft.   (Actually you can download it regardless of previous activation, but if it was previously activated that status will be stored at Microsoft and it should activate again automatically.)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors