Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

"Error code 0000: Read verification failed" Help

This is probably redundant, but I have yet to find a solution to my problem(s) with my T61.

My laptop randomly shuts down when left for periods of time.  I assumed it was an overheating issue, but I have an external fan that runs with the computer all the time; and cleaned it out with Dust-Off.   My hard drive runs unreasonably loud, and assumed it was because the laptop is about two years old. 

I recently ran a BIOS diagnostic test on the main hard drive.  The error "Error code 0000: read verification failed" came up and told me to "call for service".

I am no stranger to losing a hard drive or two and personal files before, so anything to help this issue would be an improvement.

Also, various little programs (that I assume came preinstall on the laptop) suddenly stop working, but do not seem to hinder the use of the computer.

How can I fix my hard drive because of this error?  Or is it time to back up what I can and get a new one?

Note:  No warranty.  Windows Vista.  2.00GB Memory.  2.00GHz processor.

0 Kudos

Re: "Error code 0000: Read verification failed" Help

Hi equalefk,

Yes, definitely sounds like it's time to replace the HDD.

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

My son has just had this happen on his T61 in the last month and today I called service as it still has warranty on it.   They are shipping a box ot for it.    What will their solution be?    He is not concerned about the contents as he has a back up on a external. 

Will they replace the drive and install a restore disk?

The computer also has a possible loose ac jack.  I was going to include a list of issues will they even look at that when they receive at a repair facility?  

I have never had to send a computer back in what will they do additionally for it.  

Highlighted
Kudos: 373
Solutions: 127
0 Kudos

kcmover wrote:

My son has just had this happen on his T61 in the last month and today I called service as it still has warranty on it.   They are shipping a box ot for it.    What will their solution be?    He is not concerned about the contents as he has a back up on a external. 

Will they replace the drive and install a restore disk?

The computer also has a possible loose ac jack.  I was going to include a list of issues will they even look at that when they receive at a repair facility?  

I have never had to send a computer back in what will they do additionally for it.  

Maybe a new hard disk. To change AC jack, you must to send this laptop to a authorized lenovo repair center.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo