cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oghowie
What's DOS?
Views: 526
Message 1 of 2

t43: Recovery Discs are corrupt and Rescue and Recovery won't restore from the Hard Drive?

I recently created Recovery Discs in Windows XP, but when I insert Disc 2, it always says that it is the incorrect disc so I cannot continue the factory restore.

Now I'm trying to restore by booting into the Rescue and Recovery on my hard drive, but it cannot find the hidden factory partition on the hd. It also now says that the restore had a "convertion" error when it wouldn't recognize disc 2 and will not let me try to look at my hard drive to restore anymore. If I use the RR boot disc, it will let me try to restore, but it finds nothing restorable on the HD.

I did look at the hard drive and see 2 partitions with one being a IBM_SERVICE partition with 3.9GB total size and 2.9GB free space.

Please help, thanks.
shaye_z
What's DOS?
Views: 489
Message 2 of 2

Re: t43: Recovery Discs are corrupt and Rescue and Recovery won't restore from the Hard Drive?

Hi,

maybe somebody here could help me. i've totly lost the original partition of IBM on my T41 thinkpad. If somebody could advise me how do i get it back, i would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Shai

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors