Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynchknot1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 657
Message 1 of 5

x60 CMOS Checksum Bad Error

Could that error cause the bios password to become corrupt? I know my password but my x60 will not take it. What can I do besides never adding a bios password to any of my laptops. I now have a windows 10 x60 brick.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 585
Message 2 of 5

Re: x60 CMOS Checksum Bad Error

My guess is that you had a power-on password and a BIOS (supervisor) password, and the CMOS battery died.  This will clear the power-on password and lose the date and time.  You are now getting a checksum error and need to get into the BIOS to fix it.  You need to replace the cmos battery, but you also need to remember the BIOS password, which is probably different from the power-on password.  The BIOS password is not affected by the CMOS battery.  The only choices are remember the password or change the motherboard.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
lynchknot1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 547
Message 3 of 5

I know the password, whether it's bios or power-on i'm not sure, but it's not working. It's the password that i've always used before.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 526
Message 4 of 5

A CMOS battery failure will cause you to lose the power-on password and the date/time, but will require you to enter the BIOS password to set the date and restore defaults.  It sounds like your BIOS bassword was different from power-on.  The CMOS battery has no effect on the BIOS password.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
lynchknot1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 472
Message 5 of 5

It's the first screen that I see and the password has always been the same....until now. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals