cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,394

Question

I've been having issues using Skype on my tablet (3679-27U).  It works fine for minutes at a time, then will get very slow and choppy for 2-3 minutes.  The stuttering shows up the remote image and audio as well as on my local camera image.  I had the task manager up during the last call and when things were smooth skype was using 25-35%, when it started stuttering it was only using 15-20%.  

I looked in the event log and the stuttering coincides with Kernel-Processor-Power warning events saying all four processor cores speeds are being limited by firmware.  This is always preceded by a UserModePowerService event from DptfParticipantProcessorService.  

I can't find any power settings for anything but the display and sleep.  Has anyone else had problems like this?  Is this likely Intels power managment, the bios, or lenovo power settings?  

Answer

A communtiy user did little looking in the registry and saw that the other normal Windows 8 power settings are there but somehow hidden from the power settings dialog.  

A 3rd party utility was suggested which allows you to select the other power settings.  

Here's the utility: http://www.powerplan7.com/home.htm

The forum user confirmed that using High Performance enables the use of Skype without any of the random stuttering and no processor speed reduction events showing up.  

A downside about this utility is that it uses more battery when doing this.

Was this information helpful?

Contributors