cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 26,364
  1. First, you need to download the official ICS update for Thinkpad Tablet on the Lenovo website.

2. After download is complete, rename the file to update.zip and copy it to the root of your sdcard

3. Switch off the device and then reboot into bootloader mode. (To get into the Bootloader mode, hold Volume up button and the Power button together.)

4. Use the Volume key to navagate and select Recovery from the menu to boot into recovery, press the Power button to confirm.

5. When you see the warning triangle and arrow, hold the power button and tap volume up. You’ll see a menu.

6. Select “Apply update from /sdcard” and select the update.zip file from the list.

7. Once the update is flashed, select “reboot system now” to reboot your device.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
bubba1117

tried this but my tablet 1838-25u says E:signature verification failed  Installation aborted.  What now?

FrustratedTPT1

I got the same response. How do i fix this?

boazb

I can't even get that far. I've tried rebooting into bootloader mode more than I can count but it always boots normally.  There are only so many variations I can try of the instructions and I've tried them all numerous times. Any ideas?  I found some sites which claim Lenovo locked out the ability to reboot into bootloader mode. Is this true?