Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
HDMI
0 Kudos

Re: [APP] LectureNotes (for handwritten notes)

obscure_detour wrote:

Nice application recommendation!

I went ahead and bought it as the image import is amazing and exactly what I need for writing on powerpoint slides from classes. Instead of trying to annotate them using eZPDF. Importing them as images in Lecture Notes is much much better!

Thanks Smiley Happy

so you take a picture of the projection screen and then mark it up? ooooh, I gotta try that.

Token Ring
0 Kudos

mtalinm wrote:

obscure_detour wrote:

Nice application recommendation!

I went ahead and bought it as the image import is amazing and exactly what I need for writing on powerpoint slides from classes. Instead of trying to annotate them using eZPDF. Importing them as images in Lecture Notes is much much better!

Thanks Smiley Happy

so you take a picture of the projection screen and then mark it up? ooooh, I gotta try that.

no silly, I have access to the digital copy of the powerpoint slides and I simply save them as a webpage and save all of the images to my tablet Smiley Happy

Token Ring
0 Kudos

When will this program get layers so I can separate the background image from the new drawn lines? That would be awesome.

Token Ring
0 Kudos

it's among the plans to be able to put any png as a background and then annotating will be as you expect it to be. also i requested that multiple png-s could be added as multiple page backgrounds at once, specially for setting up a pdf for annotation faster (you still will have to export the pages to png's in some other app).

btw i already mentioned in another topic that free mantano reader can make simple annotations quite efficiently, looked simpler than in ezpdf.

Highlighted
Punch Card
0 Kudos

When i share a file to evernote I dont' haev a way of opening it in evernote.

When I share with gmail it comes across as a .zip but winzip can't extract it.

I much prefer the fast writing experience of this app when compared to quill but if I can't view my notes in evernote or can't email them to myself then I'm not sure if I can buy it.

Am I doing something wrong?

jiv
802.11n
0 Kudos

I think ruler and lasso + move/resize functions would be nice.

Token Ring
0 Kudos

Lasso move and resize all exist in lecture notes
Token Ring
0 Kudos

I tried the trial version with the TPT. The drawing is smooth, which looks nice, but there are two things that are a no-go for me:

1) No pressure sensitivity, although from what I read, this is will be added.

2) The strokes are converted to a bitmap. This is bad because it is quite limiting in resolution and storage intensive, even more so if you want a high resolution. Especially writing with a pen is made for using vector graphics, and that is why I think Quill still sticks out.

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
802.11n
0 Kudos

Yeah, Quill vector nature makes it at least theoretically possible to write a convertor of Quill notebooks to Windows Journal, and thus get proper handwriting recognition (on a PC, but would be good enough for many).
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

This has become my absolute favorite note taking app during the last week - for MY workflow its THE absolutely friction-free tool. Amazing usability in any aspect! I finally bought it yesterday. 

Hate to say, but it outperformed my beloved quill (for the moment)...