Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Android Market version?

My TPT, which I purchased last December, is running version 1.0.28 of Android Market.  But it looks like Market is actually up to a version in the 3 series at this point.  I can't find a way to force an upgrade to the most recent version of Market.  Is there a way to do so?

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: Android Market version?

Hi, download this new version of the Market appwhich has beenrebranded Google Play. It should replace the old one. http://hotfile.com/dl/149080043/c8d34ef/com.android.vending.apk.html ...
WWAN
0 Kudos

What's the version number?
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
HDMI
0 Kudos

My Market version is still 1.0.28. According to google ( http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190860 ), the TPT is supported and we should automatically get updated to Google Paly.

Is everyone else out there still on the same, old version?

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

HDMI
0 Kudos

My 183927U ...0089_US is also still on the older "Market".
HDMI
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's on Market 1.1.0

Highlighted
HDMI
0 Kudos

iceburner wrote:
Hi, download this new version of the Market appwhich has beenrebranded Google Play. It should replace the old one. http://hotfile.com/dl/149080043/c8d34ef/com.android.vending.apk.html ...

Thank you. It's upgraded, and now in portrait on my dock!

HDMI
0 Kudos

pghFL wrote:
What's the version number?

HDMI
0 Kudos

Does Lenovo have any advice on this? I don't understand why isn't the update being pushed from their servers.

And if we update with that link, do you know if the Google Play app will auto-update thereafter?

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

HDMI
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

barbfxshow wrote:

Does Lenovo have any advice on this? I don't understand why isn't the update being pushed from their servers.

And if we update with that link, do you know if the Google Play app will auto-update thereafter?

It appears that Lenovo has linked some "system" apps such as Docs to Go etc. for update only with their OTAs. I recall this seemed to be the case originally with Netflix but they have since released it for direct Google update. I suspect that "Market" is currently also "fixed". This strategy makes sense for custom apps, especially tablet versions until the market-version is similarly updated and compatible.

If you manually update, I expect the next OTA to overwrite it anyway and it will be up to Lenovo to then allow it to update via Google.

Just my guess...

PS
Play Store has a smaller 2x2 widget also...