06-01-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Bios password?

2020-06-01, 12:36 PM
Hi. I wanted to update my device. but when he started again he asked me for a bios password. I entered what I know, but I think it's blocked. I have pictures and documents in it. I can't use my computer right now. I sent it to the service but they asked me for the bill. İts normal i understand but I can't find the bill. what can I do? thanks. Best regards.
Options

3215 Posts

12-22-2008

CA

12291 Signins

177003 Page Views

• Views: 177003
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Bios password?

2020-06-01, 12:46 PM

@ UnluckyY wrote:

Hi. I wanted to update my device. but when he started again he asked me for a bios password. I entered what I know, but I think it's blocked. I have pictures and documents in it. I can't use my computer right now. I sent it to the service but they asked me for the bill. İts normal i understand but I can't find the bill. what can I do? thanks. Best regards.

Welcome to the forum. This password is intended to make the system unusable by others if it is lost or stolen. It is the responsibility of the legal owner of the system to remember this password or at least to have proof of legal ownership like a sales receipt.

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

2449 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4922 Signins

50176 Page Views

• Views: 50176
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Bios password?

2020-06-01, 12:58 PM

Welcome to the Community

{EDIT: Simulposted with @hausman , so I deleted the redundant information]

In the future, having good backup habits will save you a lot of grief. As a computer guru once told me, "Data that doesn't exist in at least three places... doesn't exist." To that end, I have boxes of backup hard drives, thumb drives and - yes - even floppy discs. I have a cloud account and that's mirrored on my NAS. I sleep well knowing if any device should fail, I've only lost that device, not its data. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete